A Low-Barrier Facility for Unsheltered Individuals
Strides operates as a low-barrier emergency shelter and resource center for adults experiencing homelessness. The program strives to reach a population of community members who are often seen but overlooked.
Strides does not require sobriety, abstinence, or a criminal background check to participate in services. The right to self-determination is not only preserved but encouraged by the program so that the community member decides what they consider success and how they will reach it.
Visitors, volunteers, and donations will be received at the Washington Street entrance.
Residents will be received at the Market Street entrance from 8am until 7pm.
- Open 24/7/365
- 60 adult beds
- Case management
Day Center Resources
- Street services
- Intensive case management
- Community events
- Guest completes an intake to be added to the waitlist (intakes available from 8am-7pm)
- Guest pairs with a Case Manager
- Guest returns to claim bed between 7pm and 10pm
- After 10pm, any unclaimed beds are forfeited and opened for new guests
Guests are permitted ONE 30-gallon container for storage of personal belongings.